Friday, May 12, 2017

Happy Birthday LUANA!

Well, it's that time of the year again.

I must tell you - she doesn't age!!

I on the other hand, do age.




It startles me to say that I've surpassed her age on the planet... and more than a little chagrined to see how the new Prime Minister of France gets to brag about his "older girlfriend" - when I met Luana, it was about the same time difference.

But as they say... time heals all wounds.

And time is relative.

So here I am older than she was when she checked off the planet...

But - since then, as fans of "Flipside" and "It's a Wonderful Afterlife' and "Hacking the Afterlife" can attest... she has been visiting me quite a bit.

I SPOKE TO HER YESTERDAY.

I was filming a session between a medium and a close friend of Luana's and asked if she could "COME FORTH" to moderate the conversation.

She did.  Graciously.  Hilariously. Made fun of the person we were interviewing - gave him some writing advice (!) and generally had fun bending our ears.

I asked her "So how does one on the flipside prepare themselves to speak with someone on this side" and her response - before I could form the question was 'JUST LIKE ACTING. YOU PREPARE FOR A ROLE. YOU PREPARE HOW YOU KNEW THAT PERSON DURING THAT LIFETIME, AND APPEAR TO THEM IN THAT GUISE."

How cool is that?????????????


Very cool.

Happy Birthday Blue.


From your pal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Luana Anders,

One of my favorite character actresses! Seen you in several movies: The Pit and the Pendulum, The Killing Kind, Limit Up, Dementia 13, Easy Rider, as well as many guest roles in TV series. And hello to Rich Martini, we corresponded for awhile. Liked your short "Paraclete" where you directed Luana.